With the Cash app, you can send and receive payments, donate money to a cause or organization, or even tip for services rendered. However, in order for you to be able to do all of these things, you need to link the app to your bank account. Once you have added your bank account, you can add one or more debit or credit cards to your Cash App account.
In this guide, we are going to go through the process of adding a bank account to the Cash app on various devices. We’ll also show you what to do in case you can’t add a bank account to your Cash App account.
How to add a bank account in the Cash app from a PC
Even though the Cash App user interface is designed for the mobile app, you can still use it on your computer. Additionally, you have the option to install the app on your PC, or you can just log into your account on the web browser. However, since you cannot download the app directly to your computer, you will have to use a workaround.
To download and use the Cash app on your PC, you will need an Android emulator. There are different emulators you can use for this, but we recommend Bluestacks. Follow the onscreen instructions to install this free Android emulator. When you’re done, just search the Cash app on the Play Store and download it to your device. It will look the same on your PC as it will on the mobile app.
When you first create a Cash App account, you will be asked to provide your bank account details. You will also need to enter your email address and phone number. To add a bank account in the Cash app from a PC, follow the steps below:
- Open the Cash application on your PC.
- Log into your account with your phone number or email address, which is associated with your Cash App account.
- You will receive a confirmation code on your e-mail address or by SMS. Enter the code and click the “Next” button.
- From your Home screen, click on the Banking tab in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the âLink Bankâ option.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to add bank account details.
- Save the changes by clicking on “Done”.
That’s all we can say about it. If you want to add a debit or credit card to your Cash App account, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Cash app.
- Go to the “My Cash” tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Proceed to the “+ Add a Credit Card” section under the “Bank Account” section.
- Enter your credit / debit card number.
- Click on the “Add a card” button.
- Select “Done”.
It will take a few moments for the Cash app to remember your new credit / debit card.
How to add a bank account in the Cash app on an iPhone
As mentioned earlier, the Cash App user interface is designed for the mobile app, so it is much easier to use on your phone. You can download the Cash app from the App Store. To add a bank account in the Cash app on an iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Cash application on your iPhone.
- Sign into your account.
- Tap the bank icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Go to the option “Add a bank”.
- Enter your bank details.
- Go to “+ Add Credit Card” to add one or more credit / debit cards.
- Press the “Add card” button.
- Select “Done”.
If you don’t add your bank details, you won’t be able to use the app to transfer funds. If you want to edit a linked bank account that you have already added, follow the steps below:
- Open the Cash app.
- Tap the bank icon in the lower left corner of your home page.
- Proceed to the âLinked Accountsâ section.
- Go to the bank account you want to change.
- If you no longer wish to use this bank account, press “Remove bank account”.
- To replace the bank account with a new one, go to “Replace Bank Account”.
- Enter the details of your new linked bank account.
- Select “Done”.
How to add a bank account in the Cash app on an Android device
To add a bank account in the Cash app on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Cash app on your Android device.
- Log into your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap the bank icon in the lower left corner of your home screen.
- Go to “Add a bank”.
- Follow the prompts to add your bank details.
- Go to “+ Add Credit Card” to add a specific credit / debit card.
- Enter the credit / debit card number.
- Select “Add a card”.
- Continue until “Done”.
If you cannot link your bank account to your Cash App account for some reason, try the following:
- Run the Cash application and go to the âBalanceâ tab.
- Go to “Cash Out” and select the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Choose the option “Standard (1-3 working days)”.
- Go to the search box and enter “cashapp”.
- Select “Add manually”.
- Enter your route and your account number.
If this process doesn’t seem to be working either, another option is to contact Cash App customer support.
Transfer funds with the Cash app
The Cash app is very useful for sending and receiving money, as well as for online payments, money donations, and tips. The first step in transferring funds with the Cash app is to link the app to your bank account. From this point on, you can add multiple credit and debit cards and switch between them for different payments effortlessly.
Have you ever added a bank account to your Cash App account? Did you use the same method as provided in this guide, or have you found another way to do it? Let us know in the comments section below.